Brendan Rodgers fires warning to Man United over Maguire pursuit

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers has warned Manchester United he is under no pressure to sell Harry Maguire and says the club are yet to receive a bid close to his valuation.

Last week Rodgers confirmed they had rejected two offers from United for the defender, with the club believed to be demanding for a fee of over £80 million.

Maguire scored in Leicester’s 3-0 pre-season friendly victory over Cambridge United on Tuesday and Rodgers was in bullish mood after the match.




“The club is in a great state of health because there’s no pressure to sell any player. And if a player does leave Leicester City, the valuation will have to be met,” Rodgers said. 

“We have a top level player, looked at by top level clubs. I respect that because I understand why they would, but there’s been no offer near to our valuation that that would even make us have a look.

Asked if Maguire wants to stay at the club, Rodgers said: “That’s not really for me to say. How he has handled it has been fantastic. Harry has never wavered.”




He added: “I’m quite relaxed. It’s all ‘what if?’ At this moment in time there’s nothing there that is going to tempt the club at all. The club don’t need to sell, the club don’t want to sell.

“Harry is working with a group of fantastic players and is at a great club, and like I say times have changed in football, where at times with other clubs you would have had to sell a player, but it’s not the case.

United have also been linked with a move for Napoli central defender Kalidou Koulibaly, but Maguire remains their number one target.




The 26-year-old England international is believed to be keen on a move to Old Trafford and Rodgers conceded he won’t stand in his way if a big enough bid is made. 

‘If there’s a valuation met that pleases the ownership, then there’s a decision to be made for the player.’

JB

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Zidane insists "nothing has changed" over Bale's future despite Asensio serious knee injury vs Arsenal

Wed Jul 24 , 2019
Zinedine Zidane conceded “nothing has changed” over Gareth Bale’s future at the club even after the Wales star inspired Real Madrid ’s fightback against Arsenal. Furthermore, the Real Madrid head coach also insisted that even Marco Asensio’s serious-looking injury will not affect Bale’s exit from the Bernabeu this summer. Bale was a half […]
× Click Here To Make Advert Enquiry