Manchester United’s hopes of signing Jadon Sancho is now in doubt after the winger was named in the squad that will travel for Dortmund’s pre-season training camp in Switzerland.
The Red devils have pursued Sancho for several months and appeared to be closing in on a deal, but they have failed to meet Dortmund’s deadline for getting the deal done.
The German side had wanted the transfer completed before their pre-season training camp but Sancho was named in the group that travelled to Switzerland on Monday, which means it will be more complicated to get a deal done.
The 20-year-old was spotted in UK over the weekend which sparked rumours that a transfer would be completed, but Dortmund extinguished that.
“It’s common and fine for players to go home before a training camp if they’re not risky,” Dortmund’s press spokesman Sascha Fligge said.
“The same goes for Jadon. From our point of view, the pictures that have been shown to us do not violate the current Coronavirus Protection Ordinance or hygiene regulations.”
Sancho has reportedly agreed personal terms with United and wants a move to Old Trafford, but BVB chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke said that there had been no talks between the two teams.
- Dortmund issue statement after Man Utd target Jadon Sancho spotted in UK
- Zaha breaks silence after sending transfer message to Arsenal
“So far, there has been no contact between Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United in terms of Sancho,” he told Suddeutsche Zeitung.
“Also not directly or through alleged intermediaries.”
Meanwhile, fellow young Englishman Jude Bellingham has also travelled with the squad to Switzerland after joining Dortmund this summer.