Harry Maguire tells friends he won’t be forced out of Man Utd after bomb threat

Harry Maguire has reportedly vowed that he will not be forced out of Manchester United after he and his family were the subjects of a terrifying bomb threat on Wednesday.

The Red Devils skipper received an email claiming a device had been planted at his home that he shares with his fiance, Ferne Hawkins, and their two children.




Maguire received the message shortly after he returned home after Tuesday night’s humiliating 4-0 defeat against rivals Liverpool at Anfield.

Cheshire Police searched the defender’s Alderley Edge property but no device was found, while a second sweep of the house also failed to reveal any evidence of a serious threat.




Despite what appears to have been a hoax, Maguire was reported to have been shaken by the incident but has told close friends the incident has now only strengthened his resolve.

The 29-year-old has endured a tough campaign in which he has been singled out for heavy criticism by a number of former United players, most notably Roy Keane, while he was jeered by England fans at Wembley earlier this month.

A source close to the player told The Sun last night: ‘Harry will not be forced out of Manchester United by this kind of threat.

‘His number one priority will always be the safety of his family but he’s also got the strength of character to deal with this. It looks like the work of some cowardly fan.




‘If that proves to be the case, they are an utter disgrace to the name of this proud football club.’

Maguire was signed for £80million by United from Leicester City in the summer of 2019 and promoted him to the position of club captain during Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s tenure.

The arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo and a new defensive partner, Raphael Varane, seems to have impinged on Maguire’s authority and affected his displays.

Erik ten Hag’s appointment as United’s next permanent manager has only served to intensify the speculation surrounding Maguire’s future more, especially with reports that Ten Hag is prioritising a move for Matthijs de Ligt.

JB

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Antonio Rudiger's agent drops major hint over Man Utd transfer

7 months ago
Antonio Rudiger’s agent has fueled speculation the Chelsea star could complete a transfer to Manchester United this summer. Erik ten Hag will be looking to bolster his new club in the summer with question marks hanging over the futures of Eric Bailly, Victor Lindelof and Harry Maguire. The likes of […]
Follow by Email
Instagram
WhatsApp
× Click Here To Make Advert Enquiry