Fabinho accuses Paris Saint-Germain of dirty transfer tactics

Fabinho has no regrets at signing for Liverpool in 2018 and has accused Paris Saint-Germain of dirty tactics in sparking transfer speculation.

The versatile Brazilian was signed from Monaco by Jurgen Klopp last summer amid plenty of rival interest.




It has not been the easiest of adjustment periods for the 25-year-old, but he has improved since being eased into the Reds fold.

A return to France was mooted earlier in the campaign, with PSG said to be keen , but Fabinho claims such speculation was a distraction technique ahead of their Champions League encounter.

He told L’Equipe : “I never thought of going elsewhere.
“I know a lot of things were written in the newspapers, but it wasn’t true. What’s funny is that this PSG loan story came out just before our Champions League match [in November].

“And I had already experienced a similar story the day before the final of the Coupe de la Ligue between PSG and Monaco [in March 2018]. It’s a strange coincidence, isn’t it?”




Fabinho concedes that he had already passed up the opportunity to link up with PSG prior to accepting the offer from Liverpool.

Having proved his worth at Monaco and helped them to a Ligue 1 title in 2017, he held talks with Antero Henrique – the sporting director at PSG.

He added: “In fact, if I had to sign at PSG, it’s the year before it could have been done.

“They were very interested, I talked a lot with Antero and the club’s leaders, but it didn’t work.

“The year after, I did not wait for them… And then, I thought it was time to leave France.”




Having had to wait until October for a Premier League debut, Fabinho has been a regular for Liverpool in recent games.

Click below to follow us for more football updates…

Facebook – @Livesoccerupdates
Twitter – @Lsoccerupdates
Instagram – @Lsoccerupdates

Would you like to receive football updates for free?
WhatsApp the word NEWS to +2349034642498

His ability to operate in a number of different positions is proving to be useful, with the South American currently being required to fill in at Central defense during a defensive injury crisis.

JB

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Leandro Paredes confirms Chelsea transfer

Sat Jan 12 , 2019
Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Leandro Paredes has seemingly confirmed he is heading to Chelsea this window. Maurizio Sarri admits Chelsea need to make at least two more signings this January and reports claim both Paredes  and Cagliari’s Nicolo Barella are on their way to Stamford Bridge. Both are being viewed […]
× Click Here To Make Advert Enquiry