Cristiano Ronaldo accepts FA charge after Erik ten Hag said he would not

ronaldo and ten hag

Cristiano Ronaldo has accepted his charge from the Football Association, contrary to what Manchester United head coach Erik ten Hag said.

Ronaldo was charged with alleged improper conduct by the FA in relation to the incident at Everton on April 9 when he smashed a young supporter’s phone.




The 37-year-old had until Monday to respond to the charge and when asked what Ronaldo’s response had been on Wednesday, Ten Hag replied: “We spoke about that. He will not accept it.”

But, it is believed Ronaldo has accepted the charge and that Ten Hag’s reply was uttered amid the prospect of a multiple-match ban for the Portuguese star.

Football live scores

Sources have clarified Ten Hag’s answer was down to a language issue and misinterpretation of the question he was asked at his pre-match press conference.

Ten Hag even had to seek clarification from the United press officer regarding the issue before he replied.




The Red Devils believe it would be disproportionate of the FA to suspend Ronaldo for multiple games in relation to the charge and would support the player if he chooses to offer mitigation.

Antonio Cassano tells Cristiano Ronaldo to retire amid recent struggles

Ex-Chelsea goalie Green predicts how many goals Aubameyang will score this season

Fans spot message on PSG manager’s notepad aimed at ‘unhappy’ Mbappe

FA sources confirmed there will be a hearing regardless of Ronaldo’s response and the club now await the outcome.




Ronaldo apologised on social media for the incident at Goodison Park six months ago and accepted a police caution.

And the Merseyside police confirmed they have done their investigation on August 17 after they interviewed Ronaldo in relation to an allegation of assault and criminal damage.

JB

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Arteta responds to Aubameyang's brutal jab at him in leaked clip

4 months ago
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has responded to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after the Chelsea striker slammed his former boss in a leaked video. Aubameyang left the Emirates in controversial circumstances in the January window after he fell out with Arteta and was stripped of the club’s captaincy over disciplinary issues. The 33-year-old, […]

You May Like

JB’s Column

Follow by Email
Instagram
WhatsApp
× Click Here To Make Advert Enquiry