Thursday, April 18News That Matters

Erik ten Hag addresses Mason Greenwood future after charges dropped

Manchester United head coach Erik ten Hag has declined to comment on the club’s internal investigation process into Mason Greenwood.

Greater Manchester Police said on Thursday, February 2 that criminal proceedings against the player had been brought to an end.




The England star had been charged with attempted rape, engaging in coercive behaviour and assault, allegations relating to the same woman.

In a statement on the same day, Thursday, United confirmed that the club would conduct an internal investigation to ‘determine next steps’.

And this means that Greenwood will not train with the first-team squad or even be available to play during the process.

Greenwood also released a statement that same day. The footballer, who last played for the Red Devils on January 22 2022, is contracted to United until 2025 and they have the option of an additional year.




When Ten Hag was asked in his pre-Crystal Palace press conference if he had something to say on Greenwood, the Dutch coach said: “No. Nothing. I can’t add nothing, I refer to the statement of the club.

“As I said, in this moment, I can’t give comment about the process. I can’t say anything about it, I refer to the statement of the club and at this moment I can’t add anything.”

United’s statement, released on Thursday, read: “Manchester United notes the decision of the Crown Prosecution Service that all charges against Mason Greenwood have been dropped.

“The club will now conduct its own process before determining next steps. We will not make any further comment until that process is complete.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

× Click Here To Make Advert Enquiry