Barcelona agree four-year contract with Chelsea target after hijacking deal

Barcelona have agreed a four-year deal with Jules Kounde and believe they can finally wrap up a deal for the Sevilla defender this coming week.

Chelsea had been confident of landing the Frenchman with the Blues in desperate need of reinforcements at the back after the departures of Antonio Rudiger and Christensen.




Chelsea appeared close to sealing a £55m deal on Friday but Barcelona are now set to hijack the deal with Xavi playing a key role in persuading Kounde to reject a move to Samford Bridge.

According to SPORT, Barca have now agreed personal terms with the 23-year-old defender committing to a four-year deal at the Camp Nou.




The report adds Barcelona hope to complete the transfer this coming week. While their offer will fall short of the £55m bid tabled by Chelsea, they plan to pay their fee up front and believe Sevilla will accept their terms.

While Xavi did not respond to questions over Barcelona’s bid to sign Kounde, the Barcelona boss said ‘we are trying to reinforce all positions, that is what we are doing’ after the pre-season win over Real Madrid in Las Vegas.

According to AS, Xavi has spoken to Kounde, telling the player he plans to make him an important member of first-team this campaign.

The report claims that Kounde is ‘flattered and excited’ by Xavi’s message and has given Barca’s manager his word that he will wait for the Spanish club to agree a deal with Sevilla.




Chelsea meanwhile have signed Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli this summer but Tuchel wants to sign at least one more defender.

Following Sunday’s 4-0 defeat to Arsenal in Florida, the Blues boss once again reiterated the need for the club to make more new signings in the coming weeks.

‘My analysing of the season does not change because of this game. Unfortunately, it proved my point. The last week proves my point. I would absolutely prefer not to be right. I did everything to prove myself wrong but at the moment I feel that I was right,’ Tuchel said.

‘I look at the last season and parts of the game where we struggled, parts of the season where we struggled, and then we got sanctioned and players left us and some players are trying to leave us, and this is where it is.




‘So we had an urgent appeal for quality players, a huge amount of quality players. We got two quality players but we are not competitive like this. Unfortunately you could see it today.’

JB

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Joan Laporta sends message to Lionel Messi over Barcelona return

6 months ago
Barcelona president Joan Laporta has revealed Lionel Messi could still return to the Camp Nou. The Argentina forward made an emotional exit from the Catalan giants last summer after Barcelona were unable to renew his contract. The 34-year-old signed with Parsi Saint-Germain where he has one more year left on […]

You May Like

JB’s Column

Follow by Email
Instagram
WhatsApp
× Click Here To Make Advert Enquiry