Zidane and Florentino Perez clash over Man Utd star Paul Pogba

Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane is said to be far from happy with club president Florentino Perez over the failure to sign Paul Pogba.

Zidane made the Manchester United star his No.1 transfer target this summer window, alongside Eden Hazard, as he looked to rebuild his team.




Eden Hazard arrived in a big-money deal from Chelsea but Real Madrid look set to be frustrated in their attempts to bring the Frenchman from Old Trafford.

The Red devils have no intention of letting the midfielder go once the English transfer window is closed, despite Real still having until September 2 to get the deal done.

Upon returning to Santiago Bernabeu, Zidane explained his plans to rebuild the squad to president Florentino Perez – he wanted to sign Hazard and Pogba, among others, and sell Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez.




But Real have failed to sell either and Gareth Bale’s proposed move to the Chinese League was also blocked.

It leaves Zidane facing up to the possibility of starting the campaign with the pair, who he does not want, and that is likely to cause further issues with Perez, according to reports.

Real Madrid are weighing up moves for Christian Eriksen, who has gone public with his desire to make the transfer, and Ajax’s midfielder Donny van de Beek.

But Zinedine Zidane doesn’t want either and had planned to build his midfield around France international Pogba.




The Frenchman conceded earlier this summer he wanted to leave Old Trafford with Real his preferred destination ahead of former team Juventus .

United made it clear they wanted at least £120m for Paul Pogba but Real are not ready to pay up to that fee and a deal now appears dead.

JB

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Arsenal confirm Ozil & Kolasinac will not play against Newcastle due to 'further security incidents'

Fri Aug 9 , 2019
Arsenal have announced Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac will not be part of the squad that opens the Premier League campaign against Newcastle, after “further security incidents” which the Gunners says are being investigated by police. The pair were the victims of an attempted car-jacking in late July, after just returning […]
× Click Here To Make Advert Enquiry