Presnel Kimpembe speaks out on his future amid Chelsea rumours

Chelsea target Presnel Kimpembe has reiterated that he will weigh up his future with PSG this summer and wants to be given a major role in the team.

The Frenchman was captain Marquinhos’ main centre-back partner this past campaign, playing 30 games en route to the Ligue 1 title, though PSG are reported to be prioritising a new central defender in the summer window.




An offer of £42million is rumoured to have been submitted for Inter’s Milan Skriniar, however the Italian club are holding out for closer to €80m (£68m).

If PSG were to spend such huge amount of money on Skriniar, it would almost certainly mean the Slovakian would be a permanent stay in the back-line at the expense of Kimpembe.




Earlier this month, the 26-year-old defender said he would meet with the club’s new management – with Luis Campos having now replaced axed sporting director Leonardo – to establish what their plans are for him.

Speaking on Sunday, Kimpembe – whose contract expires in two years’ time – doubled down on that stance and said the role he will be given next campaign will dictate whether he commits to a new deal.

‘I said that I was reaching 27 years of age and that my next contract would be decisive,’ Kimpembe said at a press conference while on international duty with France.

‘I want to be able to know what the project of the club will look like. I didn’t say anything wrong.




‘I joined the club when I was nine or 10 years old. I think it’s a legitimate question to ask my club about the future project and what role I am going to be given.

‘At the moment, I am focused on the France team and on tomorrow’s match [against Croatia in the UEFA Nations League].’

PSG are set to sack Mauricio Pochettino despite last season’s title win, which will create more question marks over the futures of several players who played major roles under the Argentine coach.

JB

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic explains why he rejected Arsenal move

8 months ago
Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic has revealed that he had no intention of moving to Arsenal in the January transfer window. The London side were in the race to sign the striker and had made a £50 million offer to Fiorentina. But the 22-year-old forward ended up making the move to […]

You May Like

JB’s Column

Follow by Email
Instagram
WhatsApp
× Click Here To Make Advert Enquiry