Frank Lampard has indicated that Chelsea will push to sign Dortmund star Jadon Sancho amid rumours of a £100million raid in the January window.
The19-year-old continued his amazing run against Slavia Prague on Tuesday night, making it five goals and four assists in his last six matches.
After their transfer ban appeal was accepted by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, Lampard has suggested that the will fill the hole left by Eden Hazard’s summer departure.
Lampard told BT Sport: “I think it will be very fluid and there will be discussions from now about how we will strengthen.
“We lost a lot of goals and creation with Eden last year, in his particular position. We missed some chances and we can probably push and look at strengthening in those areas.”
Wilfried Zaha has also been linked with a transfer move to the Stamford Bridge club, who last night beat Lille to qualify for the Champions League knockout stage.
Having been forced to hold off from splashing the cash in the summer window, the blues are now said to be in the market for a left-back, striker and centre-back.
In chasing Jadon Sancho, Lampard can expect to come across serious competition from Manchester United.
The Red Devils have long been linked with the England international although Manchester City are not keen on activating their first refusal option on the winger.
Sancho left Eastlands for the Bundesliga in 2017 as an unproven £8m player but has set Germany alight, winning his first handful of national team caps and coming second in the 2019 Golden Boy competition.