Lukaku leaves Manchester immediately after arriving back from pre season tour

Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku flew home to Belgium immediately after his club returned from their pre-season tour with his future still yet to being decided.

Lukaku and the rest of the United squad arrived back in the UK from Shanghai at the end of a tour which also saw them visit Australia and Singapore.

The 26-year-old forward then made his way straight across Manchester airport to departures for a short trip back to Belgium to enjoy some days off.




Inter Milan are desperately trying to put together a £75million package to sign the Belgian – and are running out of time to get the deal done.

United have told the Serie A club they need to hurry up finding the money for him to give them time to sign a replacement before the summer window closes on August 8.

Having been overseas for over a fortnight, Lukaku will spend time back at home after United decided he did not need to stay behind for any treatment on an injury.




The forward Chelsea striker failed to play in any of the four friendlies, but it is revealed there was no serious injury and the decision had been taken for him to sit out game so as not to affect any transfer.

Lukaku is also due to catch up with agent Federico Pastorello over the next couple of days to discuss his situation with him.

Inter are trying to offload Mauro Icardi to help finance the Lukaku transfer, and have told the Argentina forward they will not reverse their decision to sell him.

Icardi has frustrated the club by stalling on possible moves to Napoli and Juventus in the belief he can convince Antonio Conte he does have a future at the club.




Conte, however, has made it clear to his bosses that he does not want the forward in his squad this season – and told them to push through the Lukaku deal instead.

JB

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Oscar confirms talks with Milan clubs as former Chelsea star eyes return to Europe

Sat Jul 27 , 2019
Former Chelsea midfielder Oscar confirms he has spoken to “two Milan clubs” as he attempts to make a move to Serie A. The Brazil international joined Shanghai SIPG as the record signing for an Asian side in 2017. He won the Chinese Super League last season as well as the 2019 Super Cup. The 27-year-old Brazilian […]
× Click Here To Make Advert Enquiry