Chelsea continue to give Real Madrid tough time over the transfer of Eden Hazard with the Premier League team refusing to lower their £100million plus valuation.
The Spanish giants had been hopeful of completing the transfer of the Belgium international this week but talks between both parties in London this week failed to yield a breakthrough.
According to the Evening Standard, Real Madrid chief executive Jose Angel Sanchez returned to Spain empty handed after face-to-face negotiations with members of the Chelsea board.
Hazard’s advisors are believed to be mildly concerned that the player remains in limbo despite having publicly called time on his Chelsea career after his match-winning display in last week’s Europa League final victory over Arsenal.
‘We will decide in a few days and the only target in my mind tonight was to win this final,’ he said.
‘But I have made my decision already and now I’m waiting on both clubs. I think it is a goodbye, but in football you never know. My dream was to play in the Premier League and I have done that for one of the biggest clubs, so maybe now it is the time for a new challenge.
‘I want a new challenge, like I said last year after the World Cup, so now it is up to the two clubs. I am still waiting, like you are waiting, like the fans are waiting.
‘We will see in the next couple of days. But this was the perfect end. I want to say to the fans that I love them, they are part of my family and I will always support Chelsea. If it is a goodbye, thank you for these seven years.’
Zidane’s rebuild gathered pace on Tuesday when Real confirmed the signing of Luka Jovic, who scored in both legs of the recent Europa League semi final game against Chelsea.
The three-times Champions League winning manager is also hopeful of completing a deal for Lyon defender Ferland Mendy and is still eyeing a move for Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba.