Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has confirmed Jadon Sancho is not leaving the club this summer amid reports of a move to Manchester United.
The England international travelled with the rest of Dortmund’s squad for their pre-season training camp in Switzerland.
Dortmund previously said they wanted a deal done by the time they headed out for that camp to give them enough time to sign a replacement, and Zorc has now confirmed that Sancho will be staying at the club for the 2020/21 season.
- Lampard drops Kai Havertz transfer hint on Instagram
- Man Utd miss deadline to sign Jadon Sancho as he heads to BVB training camp
“We plan on having Jadon Sancho in our team this season, the decision is final. I think that answers all our questions,” Zorc told reporters on Monday.
He added: “Last summer, we adjusted Jadon’s salary to match the development of his performances. So in context, we had already extended his contract until 2023 back then.”
According to reports, Manchester United are yet to make a bid for the Borussia Dortmund’s winger despite their deadline of August 10.
Sancho was spotted at a party in the UK over the weekend but Dortmund have no issue with it and said: “It’s common and fine for players to go home before a training camp if they’re not risky.
“The same goes for Jadon [Sancho]. From our point of view, the pictures that have been shown to us so far do not violate.”
United are now looking at alternatives, particularly Kingsley Coman, but their chances of convincing Sancho to join will have been enhanced by them qualifying for the Champions League next campaign.
United believe Dortmund’s £108m valuation for the player under the current coronavirus conditions is “unrealistic” for a player who they signed for just £7.2m three years ago.